A 50% tuition waiver is available for eligible undergraduate children of Illinois senior public university employees at participating schools. Fees and charges other than tuition aren’t included in this waiver, and it may not be used for extramural or correspondence courses.
How to Apply
- Your parent (an eligible state employee) must contact the Human Resources Office or Personnel Office at his or her employing institution and file for the waiver through NESSIE. He or she must submit the application by the last day of the semester you’ll be utilizing the waiver. (If you attend an Illinois 4-year public university other than the University of Illinois, an additional application may be required.)
- Complete the Benefit Utilization Record form each academic year.
- Verify that the tuition waiver is reflected in your tuition assessment.
- Chicago State University
- Eastern Illinois University
- Governor's State University
- Illinois State University
- Northeastern Illinois University
- Northern Illinois University
- Southern Illinois University
- University of Illinois
- Western Illinois University
- You must be the natural child, adopted child, or stepchild of the university employee.
- You must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree-seeking program at one of the participating institutions.
- You must be under the age of 25 at the beginning of any academic year and must meet all Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- Your parent must have completed at least 7 years in a State Universities Retirement System-eligible appointment.
- Your parent must currently be employed as of the first day of the academic term for which the waiver is requested.
- Your parent’s application is valid for 4 years as long as he or she is continuously employed and you’re continuously enrolled at Illinois.