The Federal Pell Grant is a federally funded, need-based grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Undergraduates who have not earned a bachelor’s or professional degree (and, in some cases, to those who are attending a post-baccalaureate teacher certificate program) are eligible.
This grant is awarded to those with an expected family contribution of less than:
- 5,328 for the 2017-2018 academic year
- 2017-2018 awards vary from $596 to $5920
- If you do not receive the award during the fall and spring terms, you are eligible for the remaining amount during the summer.
- You can receive up to the equivalent of 6 years of funding, per federal law.