The MAP Grant is a state-funded, need-based grant awarded by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission.
- You and your parents must be Illinois residents.
- Undergraduates who haven’t earned a bachelor’s or professional degree are eligible.
- This grant is awarded to students with an estimated family contribution of less than 9,000.
- 2016-2017 awards vary from $300 to $4,720.
- 2017-2018 awards vary from $300 to $4,720.
- Awards for students with less than 15 credit hours per semester will be pro-rated.
- Grants may be limited based on FAFSA application date, number of applicants, and funding levels appropriated by the Illinois General Assembly.
- Students with a sophomore standing who have accumulated 75 MAP Eligibility Units or students who have accumulated 135 MAP Eligibility Units are not eligible.