Four years. Free tuition.
In-state students | $67,100 & under family income
We’ll cover tuition and fees for up to four years for all qualified in-state students. That’s our mission as a land-grant institution. That’s Illinois Commitment.
Four simple steps to free tuition.
Eligible students will receive a financial aid package that provides scholarship and grant funding to cover the full cost of tuition and campus fees not covered by other federal, state, institutional and private awards including the Federal Pell Grant and the State of Illinois MAP Grant. You will be considered for additional financial aid (grants, scholarships, loan and employment) to cover other educational expenses such as room and board, books and supplies, and personal/miscellaneous expenses.
Illinois Commitment does not cover course fees, summer classes, winter classes, intercampus enrollment, concurrent enrollment, study abroad, co-op, internship or other student expenses.
Is Illinois Commitment renewable?
Illinois Commitment is renewable for a total of four (4) years, (eight (8) semesters of continuous enrollment), for new freshman students and for up to three (3) years, (six (6) semesters of continuous enrollment), for new transfer students as long as you continue to meet the following renewal criteria.
- You must submit a FAFSA by March 15 prior to each academic year.
- You and your parent(s) must continue to be Illinois residents.
- Your total family income must be $73,810 or less.
- Your total family assets must be $50,000 or less.
- You must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) toward your degree.
- You must be enrolled in at least 12 hours during fall or spring semesters.