Grants are awarded based on demonstrated financial need. They don’t need to be repaid.
All grants have different eligibility requirements. Eligibility for need-based grants is determined using federal or state formulas and the information you provide on your FAFSA, which you must complete in order to qualify for the following programs:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Teacher Education Assistance for College & Higher Education (TEACH) Grant
- Monetary Award Program (MAP) Grant
- University of Illinois Tuition Grant
- MAP Hour Adjustment Award
- Chancellor’s Access Grant
- AIM HIGH Program
The Illinois Student Assistance Commission also administers several grants. If you are not a resident of the State of Illinois, contact your home state grant agency to identify any additional grant funds you may be eligible for.