The MAP Grant is a state-funded, need-based grant awarded by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission.
- You and your parents must be Illinois residents.
- Undergraduates who haven’t earned a bachelor’s or professional degree are eligible.
- This grant is awarded to students with an estimated family contribution of less than $9,000.
- 2021-2022 awards vary from $300 to $5,496.
- Awards for students with less than 15 credit hours per semester will be pro-rated.
- Students with a pro-rated MAP award that are enrolled in 12-14 hours may receive the MAP Hour Adjustment Award to replace the MAP reduction.
- Grants may be limited based on FAFSA application date, number of applicants, and funding levels appropriated by the Illinois General Assembly.
- Students who have accumulated 135 MAP Eligibility Units are not eligible.