The Veterans Services Office located in the Office of Student Financial Aid has a work study opening! Wages will be $11.00 per hour paid by the VA.
We are seeking a motivated student to assist Veterans Services with day-to-day functions including responding to general inquiries about veteran education benefits, managing files, as well other tasks and projects!
Please remember in order to be eligible for the VA work study program, the student must be receiving federal education benefits (Chapter 30, 31, 32, 33, 35 or 1606). You must also be enrolled in and pursuing an approved college degree or professional program of education at a rate of 3/4 time or greater.
If you are interested in working in Veterans Services, please contact our office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid-19 and Impact on VA Benefits
Reminder: COVID-19 legislation that permits you to receive Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) at the resident rate, while taking approved converted (online) courses, will end on December 21, 2021. When enrolling for courses in 2022 or any subsequent term, you will need to enroll in approved resident classes to continue receiving your MHA at the resident rate. Additionally, if you are enrolled in converted courses that continue past December 21, 2021 AND have been receiving your MHA at the resident rate due to COVID-19, your MHA will be reduced to the online rate on December 22, 2021.
Enrollment Certification Processing Timeline by Term
- Winter 2021-2022 processing begins November 2021, and the online VECR request form will be available from November 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
- Spring 2022, processing begins December 2021 and the online VECR request form will be available from November 1, 2021 to May 31, 2022.
- Summer 2022 processing begins May 2022, and the online VECR request form will be available from April 1, 2022 to June 30, 2022.
**Please note that once the online VECR application closes for a given term, your enrollment may still be certified for that term, however you must request a paper VECR request form by emailing email@example.com.**
Other Important Dates
- 2022-2023 FAFSA becomes available October 1, 2021
- Spring 2022 30 Day Drop Period ends February 16, 2022 (VA’s 30 day drop period*)
- Spring 2022 tuition and fee bill due date is February 28, 2022
- 2022-2023 FAFSA preferential filing date is March 15, 2022
*VA’s 30 day drop period: The brief period at the beginning of a term officially designated for dropping courses without academic penalty. The school’s last day to drop a course will be the end of the drop period, providing it does not exceed 30 days from the first day of the term. The drop period determines if we must report the drop as punitive or non-punitive grades assigned. The action VA takes differs for non-punitive and punitive grades.*
For a full listing of financial aid dates and deadlines please click here.